Sunday, April 10, 2016

Reflection on Production

In this post I will be talking about how my production week has gone and how I feel  preformed. I will be answering audience questions honestly about how I think I preformed and what went well as well as what I needed to improve on. I think this week went well overall and I am excited to learn how to edit everything (and clean up the audio on the JT interview)

Audience Questions

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

  • I had no trouble writing my script. I wrote it and actually enjoyed it because I got to argue and rebuttal! I am really happy, overall with the way my argument has come together and I think it really achieved the purpose I was trying to achieve. I also was very successful with sticking to my production schedule.

2.What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

  • Figuring out how to work in the audio medium. I've never had to do something like this before and so  figuring out how to record audio and get it onto my computer has been a challenge. I've also had trouble with cutting audio from other sources without it sounding muffled and terrible.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

  • I think next week will be the week with the largest learning curve as I'll be trying to put all of my audio clips together and trying to edit them (so far haven't been able to figure out how to do that so we shall see). I think I'm on track for next week to go quite well but I am worried about getting everything done in a timely manner so I can edit everything in time for peer commentary.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
  • I'm feeling very hopeful and quite confident! I'm definitely worried about editing and I need to figure out if posting it to YouTube is even a valid way to do a podcast (cause as a genre convention, you don't really find podcasts on youtube) but I think I'll be able to figure it all out so I'm feeling hopeful in that regard and confident in my content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment