Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report Numba Two

In this blog post, much like my last post, I will be providing links to my rough cut and final cut projects to show my progress! I will also be answering audience questions surrounding the differences between the clips.

Audience Questions:

1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
  • This I rerecorded to get rid of my stutter and a lot of the static noise that was in the audio clip. I can't remove the background noise but it is more tolerable now that it had been originally. I think, because the background noise is lessened, it is a lot easier to listen to. Previously the car noise had made listening to that part of the podcast almost intolerable but it's much better now. The removal of the stutter also makes listening to this clip much more tolerable.

2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
  •  The form didn't change a whole lot here is any obvious form. Previously I had recorded the youtube audio with my phone and it honestly sounded awful but recording the youtube video that was on my computer with the recorder on my computer helped remove a lot of the background noise and made this podcast seem more professional and much more composed.

Author Response:

Rough Cut:
Final Product:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julia!

    I was listening to your podcast and I think it is very good.
    Here were a couple things things that I thought you could work on and improve, in terms of form, this upcoming week:

    -In the introduction the music is louder than your voice and I have a hard time understanding you. Maybe try to soften it a little.

    -At 1:00, your voice overlaps with another recording of your voice. I just couldn't understand what you were saying. That is obviously more of a tech problem, but I thought I'd include it so you were aware!

    -I think you might mention what your solution is prior to explaining everything that is troublesome about homeless shelters. This way you would reinforce it at both the beginning and end.

    Overall, it was great though!

    Michaela

    ReplyDelete