Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review for Jackson starmer

In this post I will be reviewing Jackson's Video Essay. Jackson is in the 8am section, not my own class. Because I have never done a Video Essay I will be commenting on the content of his work instead of the form and genre conventions because I really know nothing about a Video essay at this point!

Audience Question:
How did you practice your editorial skills this week in peer review?

  • I used my editorial skills to advise Jackson on some simple content things. Because I have never made a video essay I feel strange critiquing his form so I instead critiqued his content and gave him pointers on the things I found confusing and offered less confusing and more straight forward alternatives that I believed would make his argument even stronger.

Author Response:

  • Jackson did not title his work anything related to the content which made me a bit confused right off the bat. He made the intro very interesting and I was very drawn to keep watching and listening but I was not able to really pick up on the argument until the video essay was 2/3 of the way over. I used what I read about public arguments in the Students Guide to advise Jackson to state his argument more explicitly earlier on so that I wouldn't be searching for the argument the entire time. With that being said I really enjoyed watching his video essay and I think it was very well done with a very exciting intro, I just wish the subject of the argument had been clearer earlier.

You can find my peer review for Jackson Starmer here

No comments:

Post a Comment