Sunday, April 24, 2016

Editorial Report Numba Two

In this post, much like the last post, I will be providing two links: 1 to my edited version of my podcast and 1 to my final version. I will be talking about the changes I made between the two drafts and what the importance of those changes are.

Audience Questions:
How did the content change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
  • I completely rewrote and rerecorded this section because I did not think it was serving the purpose I needed it to serve. I was concerned that this narrative that was supposed to connect my interest to the issue with the issue itself really just felt out of place with the drug talk so I rewrote it to be less about me and my mom and more about how myself and others are subconsciously aware of the issue. I think the content is easier understood now and fits together better.

How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
  • The form really didn't change at all I don't think it's 2 seconds shorter but it is still in about the same place in the podcast and is till entirely spoken by me, I think that the form needed to stay as it was as this is the most successful way for me to present this information.
Author Response:
  • Please look at 1:23-1:59
  • Please look at 1:27-1:53

No comments:

Post a Comment