Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review for Jack Auslin

In this blog post,much like my last post, I will be explaining and breaking down the comments I left on Jack's rough cut Standard College Essay excerpt.

1.The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed

  • Jack Auslin

2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed


3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

  • I reviewed one of the two rough cuts for project 3. I read Jack's outline excerpt and then read a rough cut of his content for his QRG. I chose to comment on content as I have just finished a Standard College Essay so I felt ass though I could be heplful

4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?)

  • Jack has a really strong argument but it borders, for me, on being to casual for the genre conventions of a SCE. I know that in this class we have been advised to keep things interesting and noot feel confined by the rules we've been taught in other classes but I also know that an essay is a formal peice of writing. Essays are not to be written like letters. So I gave him advice on sticking to the genre conventions of the genre he chose to work in, I believe that Jack is on the right track but I wanted to help him a little bit on the more technical stuff

5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

  • I encorporated advice from the genre conventions page on d2l as well as the things we've talked about in class. During project 2 we talked about the genre conventions of a SCE at length so I encorportated elements of that class conversation into my comments.

6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from


    • Jack did a really great job of arguing his subject in a convincing way as well as introducing it in a way that was enticing and interesting for the reader. I really enjoyed reading this small part of his essay and I usually hate essays. It was very well done!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment