Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

McCarthy, Maeve. "Jennifer Lawrence". 07/15/2015 via Deviant Art.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative.
1. How much variation is there in your sentence structures in the current draft? Can you spot any repetitive or redundant sentence patterns in your writing? Provide a cogent analysis of what the Rules for Writers reading tells you about your sentences.

I definitely have an obvious writing style. I like kinda choppy short sentences and it has been hard to break that habit in formal writing but lucky for me that is perfect for a QRG. I definitely have some repetitive material, however. My transitions are unique but I have needed to go through and delete whole sections because they seem to repeat exactly was was stated in the paragraph or section above. I will need to invert some of my sentences to increase variation as well.


2. What about paragraph structures, including transitions between different paragraphs (or, for video/audio projects, different sections of the project)?

This I am VERY proud of. I believe My paragraphs and sections are all very unique. I did my best to stay true to QRG formatting and variation and paragraph size is a large part of that. I think I did fairly well with varying my sections both visually and content wise.

3. What about vocabulary? Is there variety and flavor in your use of vocabulary? What are the main strengths and weaknesses of the draft's approach to vocabulary?

The Synonym link on the right mouse button drop down menu in word has always been my best friend. Initially I felt as though I had a lot of repetition and not in a good way. Part of that was redundant facts and figures but another part was diction. I utilized the synonym button as well as rewording entire sentences to avoid similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment