Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

OpenClipArtVectors. "Voice". 10/12/2013 via pixabay.
CC0 Public Domain.
In this post I will be listing the verbs from my last post in different groups. These groupings are done by active and passive voice. I had trouble finding passive voice as I used it as a supplement instead of as my main voice.


Active (Specific):
Paid,
Thanking
Took
Referred
Believed
Targeted
Hacked
Leaked
Indicated
Stayed
Making
Seeming
Posted
Exposed
Robbed
Affraid
Push
Graduated
Earned
Started
Landed
Starred
Producing
Advocated
Deserve
Opened
Speak
References
Think
Deny

Active (General):

Accepted
Took
Speak
Remember
Happened
Keep
Showing
Recieve
Brought
Making
Took
Know
Are
Know
Seems
Does
Is
Is
Is
Is

Passive:

Is digressing
Is improving
Is ready to fight
Has been nominated
Have worked
Is Trending
Have surfaced


1. Looking at the breakdown of your verb choices here, what do you notice about your current draft? Are the actions in your piece mostly general, vague or non-specific? Are the actions mostly vivid and specific? Are there instances of passive voice? Summarize what you learned by analyzing your verb usage in this way.

I did not use many passive verbs (passive voice) at all. So in that way I did a good job of staying more specific. I also have more specific verbs than general verbs. I think I did an overall good job on staying in the active tense but I do believe that  my usage of the passive tense is justified.

2. Based on this analysis, how could your use of verbs be improved overall in the project? Be specific and precise in explaining this.

I could use a bit more variation, maybe use more general verbs and maybe just a wider array of verbs in general. I think if anything my verb choices lack interest and could be adjusted in that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment