Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assesment

Castillo, Ariapsa. "Emerald Green Hearts". 12/2015 via pixabay.
CC0 Public Domain.
A HEART FOR ME AND A HEART FOR YOU 'CAUSE I'M DONE WITH PROJECT ONE AND YOU'RE DONE TOO!!!!!!! (just a little rhyme to explain my picture)

In this blog post I will be looking back on this entire project one process.


1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall.

Honestly, so proud. I am really happy with the way my QRG turned out, both visually and content wise. I really believe that it looks like a real QRG and I think, though I struggled with making it read like a QRG I overcame and produced a great Project.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

I think my biggest weakness was incorporating every stakeholder fairly. My real issue was staying unbiased throughout the process while still staying true to the issue at hand. In retrospect I wish I had added information on the media overall as I think they could be considered a stakeholder (loosely but still). I know that my QRG tells the whole story but I also know that the public at large has opinions that are not represented.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

I think, in my own mind at least, that the real strength of my QRG is the formatting. It looks perfect. It looks like a QRG, its cited like a QRG, I even added "read more" links at the bottom like QRG pages have. I think that overall the real winner for my project is my passion for design. 

I know that my content is good but I also know that content is only half and I think the stronger side of my QRG is the formatting/Genre Conventions.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 

I think I can honestly say that I struggled with time management every week. 

I underestimated how long the blog posts would take me and I REALLY underestimated how long formatting for my QRG would take. I did not procrastinate, though it probably looks like it if you look at  the time stamps on my blog posts. I would write the posts in word and then just forget to post them literally every week. However, I did get everything in on time and I did dedicate enough time in the end. I really wish that I had utilized my time better during post production so this final week would have been less stressful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment