Friday, February 12, 2016

Because we didn't have class on Thursday...

Ulloa, Javier. "It Sucks to be Sick". 06/27/2012 via Diviant Art.
CC0 Public Domain. 
Because Mr. Botai is feeling under the weather I will be posting 2 peer reviews of students in different classes on here! The 1st review is of a student who also utilized the QRG genre and another who used a different genre.

Review 1:

Sarah's QRG can be found here.
My Peer Review for Sarah can be found here.
My Grade Rubric for Sarah can be found here.

Review 2:

David's Video Essay Can be found here.
My Peer Review for David can be found here.
My Grade Rubric for David can be found here.

Reflection Questions:
1. What did you learn about your own project (or the project in general) by comparing drafts of the same project in different genres?

When looking at the QRG I learned that I still have quite a bit to work at though I have been working on it over the week but I also learned that it's okay to still have work to do as many of us have not yet perfected our projects. I now have an appreciation for our ability to choose our own topic as it comes through in the projects. People are interested in what they are presenting and it makes both creating and listening/watching/reading them much more interesting.

2. I want you to plan on doing revision between now and our next class meeting on Tuesday. Tell me the top three issues or problems with your draft in its current form and what you plan on doing over the weekend to address those issues.

1. I need to add photos that are relevant and interesting. I plan on pinpointing what photos I'd like to use and then incorporating them into my QRG (playing with the format).

2. I need to add more insightful information concerning my stakeholders. I already know the information so I do not need to do more research but I now realize that in trying to make my QRG "quick" I made it vague. I will be working on writing a more complete profile for each stakeholder,

3. Overall editing. As I said in one of the first posts I am a heavy reviser. This weekend I want to go through and fine tune everything so that if I add more I will be able to revise that individually to keep from creating A LOT of editing work next week.

3. Tell me the top three strengths of your draft. How/why are these things strengths? How will you build on them to make the rest of the draft as strong?

1. Content. I have read my stuff and therefore I know my stuff. I read upwards of 18 articles and therefore I have all the information I need. My QRG is accurate and informative and because I understand my topic I have been able to keep it "quick"

2. Neatness. Some of the QRG's I've looked at got so wrapped into formatting like all the other QRG examples that they have become jumbled and messy. The idea is to keep it sleek so that the reader can look at it quickly but when it has 15 sub headings, sidebars on every side and pictures all over it becomes messy. I was able to avoid that in my QRG.


3. Organization. I was able to organize my QRG in a way that flows. Instead of referencing all over the place my information goes in order both chronologically and in importance. I feel as though in flows in a way that makes all of the information memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment