Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection

In this post I will be talking about how this entire project went and I will be assessing my own performance and time management skills. This project, in my opinion, was much more difficult than the last one and I hit way more problems during this process than last and I will be covering those issues in this post.

Audience Questions:
1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

Receiving the rubric in class was very helpful for me. After looking over the rubric on Thursday I honestly knew that I was in trouble and would need to commit quite a bit of time to fixing my essay. However, as frustrating as that was, I was very grateful to have seen the rubric in time to make the necessary changes and I believe that that was something that went well during this last week.

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

This is on me but I edited my essay in the word document on my computer instead of the google doc I had posted to my blog so all of the peer review feedback I received was on the draft that I already knew was bad. Additionally, realizing that my essay was worse than I already thought on Thursday was hard because I already had meetings and philanthropy events planned for the weekend so I had to find more time than I had expected in order to finish this project on time. I wish we had received the grading rubric sooner.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

Well, next week is a new project so I'm very hopeful going into this next week that it will be smoother sailing than this past week was. I am committed to managing my time better for this next project so this same thing doesn't happen to me again.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I'm honestly not sure. Part of my insecurities around this project are about me just not really being a confident writer to begin with but I'm considerably more worried about this project than I was the last. I knew my QRG was good for project one but at this point I don't know where I stand and I'm very nervous to see how this project works out for me in the end (Grade wise).

No comments:

Post a Comment