Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report B

In this blog post I'll be covering some info on my project 2 progress. I'll be talking about why I chose to use the Standard College Essay and what content I have produced based on my outline from a few posts ago. I will cover this info to help a reader of my rough draft better understand where I'm coming from. This post will  be formatted the same way as my previous post but will include different content.

How Was the Outline Used?

Outline Item:



  • Why does an artist have to journal idea’s for a drawing?
    • Does journaling have any appeal to us since we don’t get to see it?
      • Highly informal
      • Not posted or even remotely public
        • Personal Information
        • Trying to figure self out
          • emotional appeal
            • Relatability?
              • Diary entries


Rough Cut Application:

  • Journaling, unlike most other genres is not something that is made for public consumption. Much like diary entries journaling allows for artists to get their thoughts and ideas out on paper so they may be able to develop their thoughts into more interesting and complete ideas or even just remember what they were thinking the day before. Krause says that she journals just for herself. She writes notes, memos, and stories that keep her engaged and thinking about her topic. Krause writes in her sketchbook and does not post the sketchbook pages online, they are just for her. Famous artists from the past have also been known to journal. 

Audience Questions:

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?



  • The genre I'm covering here is journaling/ journal entries. I wanted to convey how private a journal entry is while trying to explain why that is a legitimate writing genre for studio artsist. I wanted to explain what it is, why it's used, who sees it, and what the intentions are.


How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?



  • I think, of all of the genres I covered, this was the easiest to write about. There is still a lot to be added I believe but ultimately I think this was my most successful body paragraph (this is only a portion of the paragraph)

No comments:

Post a Comment