Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflection

In this blog post I will be reflecting on the Production process that we have just completed. I will be answering the audience questions posed after writing the first rough cut of my Standard College Essay for Project 2.

Audience Questions:

What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.


  • I feel very confident in my last body paragraph. I think I covered and conveyed the intimacy and personal nature of journal entry writing. Janelle, my interviewee, said that she is the only person who has ever seen her journal entries in her sketchbook and I think I made that very clear. I also really like the connection to Van Gogh as it adds credibility and helps explain the genre further. 


What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.


  • My first body paragraph needs work. After writing my rough cut and looking back at my outline I realize that my paragraph doesn't even kind of represent what I wanted to write according to my outline. There is A LOT of info that needs to be added concerning genre conventions of Article writing and a lot of repetitive information that needs to be taken out in order to make the paragraph more informational and less boring and repetitive


How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?


  • I think there is nowhere to go but up! I definitely have some stuff to work on so I won't be bored which is good! And I do know what I need to do and what I need to fix and additionally, I do know how to fix it so I am hopeful going into this next week.



How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?


  • I'm feeling better about it. I have reread the assignment a few times and I have always felt it's a bit vague (which is intentional so people will be creative) but it did confuse me at first. Now, after looking at other people's outlines I feel as though I am on the right track and moving in the right direction. I am still a bit worried that my project is boring but I know I have the time and the talent to figure that all out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment