Sunday, May 1, 2016

Peer Review for Emily Bond

In this post I will be providing a link to the peer review I did for Miss Emily, a student in my section. I chose to review Emily's work because we are both creating video essays in these last 2 weeks and we have both made the decision to film in the coming week so we will both definitely be busy. I resonate with her process and that is why I chose to review her work

Audience Question:
How did you practice your editorial skills this week in peer review?
  • I practiced my peer review skills by giving Emily a little bit of advice on how to make her introduction more appealing to listeners/viewers. I really think that The video essay is a fun genre and there is a lot you can do with it if you please and so the intro should be fun! Especially because this is the last project - let loose!
Author Response:
  • I reviewed Emily's blog post to peer reviewers, her content adaption (Production Report). Emily chose to show her raw content in the form of a script that she will read for her video essay. I think I helped Emily by providing her with ideas on how she could improve her introduction. I told her that she should definitely use her name and really introduce herself as well as the project as the project is about her. I told her that she should tell a personal story or give some kind of insight into her life since the viewer will be learning about her as the video essay goes on. I am doing the same general thing as Emily so my advice comes from personal experience and from the d2l genre examples where the host introduces themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment