Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

ClkerFreeVectorImages. "Todo List". 04/29/2014 via pixabay.
CC0 Public Domain
In this blog post I will be covering which genre I will be using in order to complete my first project. I will cover the general conventions of the genre that I will need to take into consideration as well as what problems and worries I expect to have as I begin the creation phase of my project.

1. What Genre? Why?

For this first project I will be creating a Quick Reference Guide (QRG). Many of the articles I have read have been organized similarly to the QRG examples provided to us on d2l. I believe that a QRG will be the best format to present both sides of an argument and I will easily be able to highlight important quotes and phrases.

2. What genre conventions do you intend on developing over the next week? How will you use the conventions to suit the purpose of the assignment?

The first thing I plan on tackling is formatting. Without proper formatting a QRG is really just a short essay type article. I plan on figuring out how to format my QRG and then I will go about outlining the most important information so as to actually keep my QRG quick. 


3. How are you feeling as you begin production? What challenges do you anticipate?

I'm feeling fairly confident as we go into production week. I am excited to try out a new genre on a topic I genuinely care about but I am worried about major hick-ups as I have other school work in other classes this week too. I anticipate have a little trouble making all of my ideas "quick" and I also anticipate a bit of trouble with formatting. However I feel confident on my knowledge of my subject and I believe that only minor things (maybe a little more info on production companies) will need to be adjusted as I begin to actually create my QRG.

No comments:

Post a Comment